Saturday, July 6, 2013

Fishing Bike


Fishing Bike, a set on Flickr.


So it's been raining...a lot! It basically hasn't stopped since Wednesday night. As the rain fell, I watched the river just get ready to drop into fishing shape, only to blow back out again. I knew it was time to do something about it. So, I walked outside, looked up at the sky, and yelled "Stop Raining!" And do you know what happened next? That's right, it rained even harder.

Now the first rainy day was passed easily enough by filling up my streamer box and getting ready for the water to drop. After the second and third days though I started to get a little antsy. Then it hit me....It was something that I should have done already, but for whatever reason hadn't...I started working on plans to modify a cruiser bike to carry a fully rigged fly rod. This would be great for riding up and down the bike path that parallels the Great Miami River and some excellent carp water along with providing a way to quickly get between bridges on the other smallmouth and trout rivers around here. So while it poured down rain outside I got to work inside. Here are a few pictures. There are still a few things that need to be added: a basket to carry waders or packs and a second stabilizer ring, but other than that she is ready for action.

No comments:

Post a Comment